Friday, December 28, 2007

Midterm?

This is a special time of year for me. It is the midterm, or you could say is the bridge between Christmas and New Years. But for me it is not about the bridging as much as it is about the growing into a stronger spiritual being. It is a time of reflection and a time of taking stock of the year's blessings, and the shortcomings in my life.

Thanking is a great part of my life. Thanking people, thanking the nature of life's circumstances and most of all thanking my heavenly Father for all He has done. I pray that I become more humble and obedient to the Father's call.

The Lord has taken the hurts I licked and nurtured and turned them into His loving heart. You got it. I was enabled to override my ego, my fleshly nature that encourages hurt, un-forgiveness and resentment to grow. I allowed the work of the Holy Spirit to flood my soul so I could receive love and give love to those who continue to try to pull me away from His Grace and purpose!

You might have areas in your life where you have allowed the Father to love you into wellness. Maybe you still have other areas where you need His Grace to touch! I know by taking stock of my past year and applying the Word to those still hidden hurts within, the gates of 2008 will open in my life.

Love attracts love. Peace and Joy are present in our lives when we can live free from the bondage of hurts. Harmony with my spirit man exists when I accept people and life as is.

Let us have communion with the Father.
Let us unite with the Christ within.
Let us allow this union to create an indestructible bond!

Lord, open the flood gates of 2008.
Let us not be late! Nor tolerate—those things not of Him.

Let us love to over flowing, as we rejoice in
His gates of refreshing
His gates of opportunity
His gates of setting us free
His gates of the NOW!

Knowing we are His and He is ours!
Our desires have been instilled within
Causing 2008 to be GREAT!

Remain steadfast in the Lord!

1 comment:

Randy and Marie Smith said...

Super blog...enjoy your writing style and the words are a blessing! I need to slow down and do some deep reflecting too.
love you, Marie
ps thanks for coming to dinner and for the cheese and fruit!