Monday, November 1, 2010

Fleeting Thoughts

Have you ever had a fleeting thought? It is brilliant, it is so right, so perfect. Yes, it was from God. Then off we go continuing with whatever and along the way we forget that brilliant implant God wanted us to grow.

"Next time!" We promise God we will stop, ponder, and think about the thought He sent our way. It happens again and again! We are the ones missing out! Next time Lord, I will stop and ponder, write and study so that wonderful implant will take root. I will explore it with you, Holy Spirit so that your perfect nature can be exposed within me.

Don't we all want His perfect nature to be revealed within us? See it is not always in those obvious sinful actions that we disobey the Lord. It is the little foxes that spoil the vine! It is those small things that He drops into our spirit that we ignore that spoils it for us. In subtle nudges and fleeting thoughts He instills and instructs us ever so softly. Those are the things I am working on. To hear and obey. Not to hear and put off until later. Later comes and I have missed it. Missed the revelation, missed a blessing, missed a time to be an instrument of faith.

Something so trivial, you might think. It all seems to be such a very small insignificant thing yet it is so vital to the larger picture. How complete is a puzzle with missing pieces? Not so complete is it? We are like that puzzle and each time we put off what the Holy Spirit has for us we are incomplete. Thank God for His mercies are new every morning. Yes, we have missed a piece. Yet if we continue on in Him we will become complete.

Pray this along with me: "Lord, this day I pray I will become more sensitive to Your voice. Make me more obedient to follow through with those fleeting thoughts that You place within me. Forgive my procrastination and preoccupation with other things. Lord thank you for making me aware of my short comings so that I may bear fruit for You."

No comments: