Monday, November 22, 2010

His Majesty

The morning began before the world here was stirring. For me that is how it felt. There was a blanket of darkness all around and the still of the night was ever present. Yes, I was awake at five this morning. For those who know me, you could say it was in the middle of my night.

Dick was stirring around, coffee was brewing yet there was a quite I had to take advantage of. I sat in my chair-should say I sat in my mother-in-laws chair that has now found a home in KY. I settled in wearing a hooded sweater and sat. I sat and sat. No thoughts, not even a sound I uttered. Then I realized I was sitting in His holy presence. My existence was sponging up His eternal love and acceptance.

Now the dawn is beginning to come and I can sense the energy beginning to arise. In my mind I began to dwell on the day and what lies ahead. More packing, lunch in Somerset with Miss and the little Miss, stop at Lowe's etc, etc.

What a busy life we lead! How full we make it! How little time we give our maker who is continually calling: "Come, there is peace, and rest for your souls. Sit awhile with Me and I shall give you strength for the day. I shall give you wisdom and opportunity to serve today. Come and love on Me, the Lover of Your Soul!"

So today in the wee hours of the morning, I sat and acknowledged His almighty majesty! How about you?

No comments: