Thursday, July 12, 2007

Is it still NICE and PLEASANT?

What use to be nice and pleasant isn't anymore.  I was privileged, to say the least, to have had the opportunity to spend most summer mornings at a beach club.  There I was in a pleasant and restful atmosphere.  The water was clear and calming--and the beach was just the right size for watching youngsters play about, for walking and even jumping in for a refreshing dip.  Lots of soul searching and contemplating happened in those days.
 
Today, I am just as privileged to take advantage of the same beach club.  Yet, today,  as I gathered my things to settle in for the refreshing Word, I noted that  the water this year is lots rougher than the past and the beach is not as clean nor the water as clear!  Those things do take away from the peace of mind for those who might have youngsters playing about. 
 
For me those things do not take away from the serenity of the crashing waves nor does it intrude on God's gentle nudge to proceed in His  presence.  However, it does say that this beach isn't as welcoming to our grandchildren as it was when their dads were young.
 
1 Cor 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.
 
Just as we grow in Him...what was permissible and acceptable in the past is no longer  condoned in our life today.  As we were once babes in the Lord we grew in His loving hands drinking the milk  learning a step at a time of His precepts and promises.  As we grow and learn and apply His Word to our lives and obey His gentle loving lead, we realize what was permissible is no longer.  For some things then were allowed and permissible, now in our maturing more is required and less is permissible.
 
 1 Cor 6:12 "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are beneficial. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything.
 
I can not help but meditate on all the sea weed that is hanging around my life.  What a smelling fragrance it has towards the Father.  I am asking the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me in cleaning out the beach of my soul.  How about your sea weed?     I pray that He leads us all into the clear waters developing us into His character!
 
1 Cor 10:23  All things are lawful," but not all things are beneficial. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up.
 
 

No comments: