Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Greatest Price

[Jesus] gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds. —Titus 2:14 RVS

 

I think of my life of imperfection and sin and His being of perfection and holiness! WOW. How much love there is in Him for me and yet in comparison how much less love I seem to have for Him. I know the sin is forgiven and I am perfect in Him. However, somehow I cannot shake the thoughts of His love for me. He sacrificed His earthly life for me and set aside His deity for the redemption of my soul. The Lord knew the entire time that I was made of good stuff. He knew I was worth the price! When I think on these things, I am in awe of Him and just want to shout from housetops what He has done for me and is willing to do for you!

 

He has redeemed us from all our sin, all of our shortcomings! That is, He bought us and now we belong to Him.

 

When Dick and I bought our new vehicle, we first checked it all out. It had to fulfill our requirements regarding style, price, power, comfort, etc. It had to be able to perform to our expectations. It is so with the Lord. He has bought us with a great price and He knows we will be able to fulfill His expectations! Once we had offered a price to obtain that vehicle and the dealer accepted the offer, we became owners of that property. Now that we are born again, Jesus paid that price for us and we become His personal property

 

You might want to argue the fact that Jesus paid the price to set us free. Therefore, you might think we have the right to choose what we want to do. That is not true. He did set us free--free from the gates of hell. Now we are His bondservants to do as He wills.

 

1. Jesus came into the world, satan's slave market, because He was looking for us.
2. Jesus knew He wanted us and would not be satisfied until the purchase was complete.
3. Jesus was willing to pay any price demanded to purchase us from the slave market.
4. Jesus purchased us with His own blood so we would become His own personal property.
5.. Jesus paid the price with His blood, purchased us for Himself, and gave us a liberating freedom that can only be known through His work in our lives!

 

As Hebrews 9:12 says, "Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." Jesus gave Himself as the ransom to set you free from sin. Someone had to enter satan's slave market, so Jesus chose to go. Someone had to offer a price, so Jesus offered to pay the price for your freedom with His own blood.. Someone had to finalize the deal, so Jesus willingly paid the price with His own life on the Cross.

 

So are you really His? Do you have the fruit of a Christian paid and bought with the blood of Christ? Here are some fruit we should have in our lives. Taste and judge the living fruit in your life. Do you exhibit these qualities?

 

1.     Do I exhibit meekness and humility having the broken spirit of self-righteousness?

2.     Is I love longsuffering and being tender hearted towards others being gentle, kind and courteous. This is when one hears, believes and hopes and endures all. 1 Corinthiens13

3.     Ah, do I only pray those empty prayers I learned and those that come from the intellect, or does the Love of Christ come from the inner most places—instead of self?

4.     Has my experience caught up with my Bible lessons, teachings and preaching? Do I live out of my experiences of Christ in your life first and foremost?

5.     Do I really love my Bible and it's truths and want more and more of this Love to saturate my being?

6.     Do I defer to others and not puff up myself, loving others and the Lord as one?

 

These are hard questions. Questions I have been pondering myself.

 

I pray that the Lord expands our hearts, increases our hunger for Him, and brings us to the place of His refreshing so we will be worthy to be His servant.

 

No comments: