Friday, September 14, 2007

Shaking Loose!

I began reading Isaiah 22:8-11 and began thinking on what all of that meant for us today!  Then it began to flow out of my innards'!   

All of our defenses have been stripped away!  So we run into the safe place to be equipped.  We take inventory and inspect for defects and assess our needs.  We store up water and rebuild ourselves.  Notice WE did everything….   Auh!  All our foolish deeds to correct and make whole on our own are done in no avail…  We never ask God for help until we have to other alternative.  Our Father knows our ways and deeds before they ever happen and He prepares for us a place of escape.

Yea, yea, yea, my soul wines and complains….this is not it at all!   Instead of going up to the mountain of the Almighty I run to a friend (whatever).  Instead of reaching out to the Spirit's wellspring I empty my cistern into a love ones ear.  But the water of the Lord is not only refreshing and renewing it is filled with the Father's Loving embrace. 

He has reminded us to weep and mourn for our very souls.  Calling out to us to reposition ourselves, make a shift, and make a change!  Turn from our old stinking-thinking ways.  Instead of reaching out for the new life we carry on in "sin" we keep on doing the same old….the same old is sin if it is taking us slowly and surly away from God's embrace and friendship.  We continue with 'church' as usual and repeat our rituals, prayers, deeds and celebrate our holidays with no heart felt expression toward God or toward His people. 

Jesus is crying out "Run toward me, there you will find rest for your souls and there you will find peace of mind, there you will find solutions to all of your dilemmas."  As we run, we will find that those things will fall to the way side and we will continue to gain momentum into His Presence and into His Will.

Then I was lead….Lamentations 5:8 (according to Dianne) Sin has become our masters and we are so deceived and think that there is no one left to rescue us?

Take a step into His presence…He is saying "I the Lord have made you and I will not forget to help you.  I will sweep away your sins like the morning mists.  I have scattered your offenses like the clouds.  Return to me for I have paid the price to set you free! There is nothing like the Blood of Jesus to set us FREE! (Isaiah 44: 21-22 according to Dianne)

 

1 comment:

Randy and Marie Smith said...

I am at Nancy and Tony's house....taking time to catch up on email and take care of internet stuff. Read a couple of your blogs. Great insights.
Thanks for a fun day yesterday.
love you bunches, Marie