Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Weeds!

Puttering in the yard is a great summer activity.  Distributing mulch, pulling weeds and planting are some of the things I like to do.  One after noon, I made myself around toward the Celebration House front door.  I realized that the crab grass was over grown!  It was very noticeable and in great contrast with the rest of the lawn.  So I planted my stool in the middle of the weeds and began pulling the crab grass out and turning the ground over. 
 
People enter and exit through this entrance each week.  No one commented on the crab grass, maybe they did not even see it, or maybe it was not noticeable or important to them.  Perhaps they did not want to offend us and decided to over look it! 
 
Sometimes--I believe that is how we treat sin in our lives and in the lives of those we love!  
 
In no time at all that ugly grass was gone and grass was seeded and nicely moisten with great nutritious top soil.
 
Today I took an inventory of my own neglected sin that lingers in my life; and in the lives of those I love.  Clearly, I can see where I will begin to uproot sin, stinking thinking and unbelief in my life.  I will begin to replace the ugly with the living Word that will take root and grow as I meditate and seek God's heart for my life.  Knowing that, I will produce fruit for others to see as well. Hopefully I will be an encouragement to them as they also seek and meditate!
 
I will take notice in others lives also.  And I will speak loving words to them encouraging them to change also.
 
John 9:4 Jesus speaks saying "But to demonstrate Gods power all of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, because there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to an end. 
 
John 9 5-7But while I am still here in the world, I am the light of the world." Then he spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and smoothed the mud over the blind man's eyes. He told him, "Go and wash in the pool of Siloam" . So the man went and washed, and came back seeing!
 
Siloam means sent!  WE are all sent into this world with a purpose--mission if you will to serve God and man.  As the Father directs we obey, as we are sent we also shall return healed!
 
May these words give you opportunity to ponder on your life and of those around you.  What is your heavenly Father prompting you to change?  Who is your Father sending you to.?

No comments: