Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Closing Out 2009


Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV)
Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.

The year is coming to a close. The excitement of Christmas is over and it is the lull until the speed of the New Year kicks in.

For me this is a time to collect my thoughts, review the year, and clear out my 2009 files and folders on my computer. I think of those 2009 folders I know will be carrying some over to 2010, other files may be referred to from time to time, and then transferred as well. Then there are those files that will never be opened or used again.

As I consider my thought processes, how easy I can relate these files to my life. Maybe you can relate as well. Reviewing my life's journey in 2009 I know there are places, events and words said that I will not revisit nor repeat in 2010. Then of course, there are those people that I hold dear that will become an even more intricate part of my life. We choose who and what is relevant to our present lives! Yes in some cases, I do have regrets over some words said or experiences had! I pray that my Father in heaven will steer me clear of those things, so that I will not revisit them again.

2010 is at hand. And I encourage you to take the time in the next few days to go through the process and allow the Holy Spirit to you to a grand entrance in 2010; removing those words said, wounds received—in both the natural and the spiritual. Allow the process of sorting through the good works and letting the Spirit show you those to continue, those to cast aside. Ah, even the possibility of new exciting opportunities to spring up. Let us be mindful and ever ready to fulfill the call He has for us in 2010.

Most of all I ask that the Holy One would put a fiery desire in us that would cause us to draw closer to Him. 


No comments: