Monday, December 20, 2010

Are You Ready?

At one time I believed living ready meant to be prepared for disaster! Live on the defensive and keep your guard up and at all times and be ready to quarrel with the opposition with the harshest words you can muster up. Be ready to undermine blows of the opposite force.

Be ready for a storm by having extra food on hand-canned goods, dry foods, powered milk, extra water and of course if at all possible have a generator ready to go. Be ready for disaster! Get the medicine cabinet packed with aspirin, bandages, peroxide, alcohol antibacterial cream! On an on it goes. In years past I have lived that way--on the defensive. Living this way can take a toll on our mental and physical well-being.

I have learned to relax and trust all is well with my soul. Not that I do not have some of those things in place today; but my mind is not on alert. It is not on the defensive. I have ceased to live in worry waiting for the next shoe to drop-so to speak. It is not I who can save the day. It is the Lord who works His hand in all things. For that I am at rest and at peace.

Ladies and gents, these days ahead of us are those of trials and tribulations. I am sure of it! The Word clearly states do not fear for I will never leave or forsake you. I am the great I am. The first and the last. The alpha the omega! Get your head wrapped around that!

He is who He says He is and He will fulfill every promise He has promised. Live at peace knowing all is well with your soul. Live knowing you are ready to reach out in His love, to pray without ceasing, and to love one another like you have never loved before.

No comments: