Monday, February 28, 2011

Refiners Fire

Have you ever asked God to bring you closer to Him? Have you ever said "Send me, Lord"? Recently I asked the Lord to help me to become a drink offering! Did I really mean it? Well, yes I did, but the flesh is real tough.

I asked God to turn me into a drink that is sweeter than wine and as fresh as the honey from its cone! I asked that it be a drink refreshing to others and that brings Joy to His heart and glory to His throne! I have asked the Lord to make that a priority in my life.

I have found that it does not come without His refining fire! Do you recognize it when it comes? Heck no, I did not. But if you bring your challenges to a trustworthy friend in Jesus, you will soon see how our heavenly Father uses others to bring about that drink offering in you. In order to bring substance to all this flowery talk, a challenge will come your way as it has in my life. Who would have thought-I am still dealing with myself centered flesh! Yep, I am. Are you?

Love those who are unloving to you, says the Lord. Love those who persecute you. Shower them with love and praises. Jesus says "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me". Ouch! That stung. I must reevaluate my heart motivation. I must seek His grace. In my own right I cannot do those things. But, with Jesus all things are possible. Uh-huh, is this what Paul means when he says he knows what to do and yet doesn't; his flesh is weak?

I want you to know I am preaching to myself. Just chime in at any time. Lord you are so strong and I am so weak. Can I do to another as I would do unto you? Can I trust you will follow through if I dare to step out it faith? There is so much more I need of You-Your will, Your desire for my life, and Your love to flow through me. I need You more than ever before Lord. In a deeper, wider, higher way I need to be grounded in You!

Is this possible, I ask of myself? The Bible tells us "Everything is possible for one who believes". Do I dare and do you dare to believe?

Make the journey with me, come singing praises to our King as the Refiners Fire turns us all into pure liquid GOLD!

No comments: