Monday, August 15, 2011

I Have a Friend

Boy do I have a friend! When I am down my friend picks me up. My friend prays for my every need. He dispatches angles before me and sends the Holy Spirit to guide my every move. I have a friend who supplies all my needs and gives me strength when I am weak. In time of trouble my friend supplies a shelter in the cleft of the rock. My friend sends wisdom when I am dumbfounded and discernment when I find myself in a quandary.

Today I look around and see His handy work in my life and within me. By His spirit I know I am free. I can walk in confidence knowing He will always be there. He has given me His authority and power to use for His glory.

My friend is the best ever. He even sends me others to confide in and walk out my faith journey with. I am so grateful for what He has supplied me. Now I have people in many states I can call on in a moment. They are friends that honor me and I honor them. For in Christ we walk as brothers and sisters, reaching for the goal He has set before us all. No matter where we travel, I can feel at home. What a family of friends my Lord Jesus has supplied.

Proverbs 18:24
There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. (NIV)


Today we take stock in who you are to us, for us, and within us, Jesus. You are our all in all. Heavenly King and beloved, You are the lover of our souls!

No comments: