Monday, October 14, 2013

Going Deeper

Some of you heard me say for twenty-on years I have lived without Crohn's disease in my body. Twenty- one years without taking any prescription meds. The Lord miraculously healed me. Now I am faced with this battle of cancer. Do I believe the Lord heals? Yes. Have I changed my belief system about healing? No. I can say I have been humbled and I have been in a position to take the Lord more seriously.

Recently I attended a women's group and experienced a slice of heaven in praise and worship and received extraordinarily powerful prayer. I was given a book and many encouraging words straight from the word of God through His loving daughters. The message that night was on guarding your heart while you rest in His peace.

Man I needed that! What about you? Is He calling you deeper? Is life overwhelming? Does calamity and chaos seem to be all around? Then take the opportunity to join me and go deeper into His Word, deeper in His Spirit, and find rest for your soul.

"Today Lord we come to you. Draw us closer to you Lord. Allow us to rest upon Your breast and receive Your everlasting peace that provides us with all we need. Quiet our souls and eliminate anxiety and frustration so we may pursue You above all! In Jesus name, Amen."

This was a Godly connection that led me to re-read our own writings and dig deeper into His word for life and strength for myself.

No comments: