Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Natural Circrumstances / Spiritual Truths

 

Applying Spiritual Truth to Natural Circumstances!

   

  1. Do you ever start a project knowing you do not have what it takes to finish, but begin it just the same?

 But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me – and not without results. For I have worked harder than all the other apostles, yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace. (1 Corinthians 15:10)

 

When our son, Todd and his wife, Missy were engaged and wedding plans were on all of our minds, I found a great wedding cake.  It was just perfect; not too frilly, unique and tailored. I thought Miss might like it so I showed her the picture!  To make a long story short, I ended up making that fondant cake, white chocolate ribbon and all.  I made several practice runs and we loved trying them all.  However, when it came time for the final cake, I asked my mom how to make the frosting rosettes.  With some instruction, I carried it off. By the grace of God the cake was beautiful!   I have never attempted a project like that before, and believe me, never will again! 

 

When the Lord first delivered me from Crohn's disease, I was told not to keep it to myself.  "Go Tell!" Frances told us—So that we did.  "Lay hands on the sick and they will recover!"  And we did that, also.  This new lifestyle was very odd and strange to us.  Sometimes we felt that we did not have it in us.  Yet we knew what the Word said and we began to do things that were uncomfortable and weird to us at the time.  The Lord met us on the way out of our comfort zone! It was no different than making that cake!  His grace continues to see us through.

 

  1. The Lord has imparted many gifts and talents within us! We need to put them to use!

Timothy, my son, here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier. May they give you the confidence to fight well in the Lord's battles. (1 Timothy 1:18)

 

Keeping busy is something I do not have a problem doing.  Our little place in Florida is really shaping up nicely; however, I always manage to find little odds and ends that need to be finished.  It has been a joy finding out how handy I really am!

 

This week it was time to finish some small tiling jobs.  So I proceeded to measure and tile the front entryway!    Then I came to a screeching halt!  What I thought was going to be easy—no need for a wet saw or cuts–– turned out to be something else.  So I had to call on an expert (my neighbor John) with a wet saw. Now I wait patiently for his kindly advice and experienced hand in tiling!

 

It is also true with the Lord.  He has given us gifts and talents to use for His glory.  Sometimes we think we have what it takes to complete the task.  Alas! We are human and discover we do not have it all!  God may use several people to mature us into His character. He used one to draw us to salvation then perhaps another to bring a loving corrective word.  We are on the God Team and we are just one of the players.  There is a time to hand off to another who is anointed in other areas or possible just a fresh face with a different approach.

This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other equally. (1 Corinthians 12:25)


Here is a list of some of the members that God has placed in the body of Christ: first are apostles, second are prophets, third are teachers, then those who do miracles, those who have the gift of healing, those who can help others, those who can get others to work together, those who speak in unknown languages. (1 Corinthians 12:28)

 

  1. Do you make new friends when it feels uncomfortable, conquering the fear of rejection?

 

If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other cheek. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.  (Luke 6:29)

 

Here I am in Florida !  Since 1989, Dick and I have had a home in Port Charlotte ; yet we have not made many friends except with our neighbors John and Ina.  I believe part of the reason was we were never here long enough (good excuse) and we are really loners.

 

But here at this table, sitting among us as a friend, is the man who will betray me. (Luke 22:21)

 

Then it began with a friend telling us that a friend of ours from years back lives in Port Charlotte. We called on him and did not connect.  Then it finally happened we connected with Barry and his bride Cheryl.  Would Cheryl except me as a friend?  I surly did not know.  As we continued to reach out to one another our friendship grew.  Today I can say that the Lord has orchestrated the reunion with Barry so that I could have another sister in Florida.

 

This last year God has been very gracious to us.  He has given us strength and the boldness to step out and be friendly.  Last May we met a wonderful, loving couple, Randy and Marie.  They are becoming very close friends of ours. It is great to be here and have friends to share not only spiritual things but natural fun loving things as well.  So you might think we got over being gun shy and were not fearful of being rejected.  No not so, I still had those feelings.  I thought that maybe we would get hurt again.  Yet I pressed past those ungodly beliefs and opened myself up to a wonderful relationship.

 

And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: "Abraham believed God, so God declared him to be righteous." He was even called "the friend of God." (James 2:23)

 

Just as Abraham believed in God, so do I..  I do believe that He would have us not be alone.  He wants us not only to be His friend but to have friends in the world.  People who are believers and people who are not believers are potential friends to Dick and Dianne.  And it is for that reason I have begun seeking friends in other circles in the community.  I cannot keep this little light of mine in a barrel.  The only way God can continue to use me in extraordinary places is if I am in those places.  That takes time, patience, and the love of the Father in me and in you!

 

Anyone who does God's will is my brother and sister and mother. (Mark 3:35)

 

These words of Jesus ring clear in my heart.  I so want to be in my Father's will!  How about you?  I know we are called to be Jesus' brother and sister.  And I believe as we go about with extending the hand of fellowship and friendship to others, we will find others to be our sisters and brothers in Christ as well..

 

Now that you get the gist of this, keep your eyes open wide to the Spiritual Truths the Lord is leading you into.  May the Lord Bless you and keep you on the path of Spiritual Truths Daily.

 

When you pray and God instills something for you to do in your heart and you believe it is beyond your expertise or knowledge, be confident in Him, who is all knowing in everything to give you the wisdom to complete His task or someone will come along and team-up with you.  The Lord will send you the wisdom, and all you need to finish His project.  Just seek and never give up.



No comments: