Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feelings / EMOTIONS And Thoughts

 

I have learned and experienced in my life that "feelings" are. Feelings are neither right nor wrong. It is just happens to be the way we feel at the moment—present, day, year or whatever. Knowing this has helped me to love and receive others in whatever condition they may be in. It has also given me a deeper understanding of who I am as a believer who is continuing to grow in Christ. How I feel does not determine my life choices! Feelings do not pronounce a guilt verdict over me. However, feelings could hold me back from being perfected in Christ. When it comes to my faith, I have learned not to be driven by my feelings, nor to react to them.

 

All of this brings me to the topic at hand: EMOTIONS—A human characteristic, yes. This is true. Needless to say, whether male or female, we need to be able to deal with and be above our emotions. Some emotions are fear, anxiety, grief, love, stress, elation, joy, nervousness, sadness, anger, happiness, and on and on. Emotions come from the subconscious and they are triggered by circumstances or thought patterns you have.

 

Question: Are you in control of your emotions or are your emotions in control of you? Some religious folk will say this statement is not biblical. Well I beg to differ with you. God created us with the freedom of choice. Once we discover we are in this emotional state, we can give way to it or it can cause us to call 911 Heaven We choose what we think about and how we respond to things. Sometimes our emotion speaks louder than our inner true being. When this happens we need to call upon our ultimate power source—the Spirit of our living God! He then releases grace to propel us into a restful/peaceful place..

 

Unforgiveness turns into bitterness causing us to be disturbed in our emotions. This negative emotion opens up a doorway for disease to creep into our bodies. Some of these diseases are cancer, autoimmune diseases, and arthritis. Stress, ungodly expectations on others and us can cause heart problems!

 

We need to get a hold of our emotions and soak in the blood of Jesus. Well, Dianne, you are saying some strange thing here. How does that all happen? Do you allow your emotions to rule or do you allow the Spirit of God to flood those negative emotions washing our minds with His loving word and bring you to a place of love, peace and freedom? Therefore, if emotions are unconscious thoughts then thoughts to change our emotions are conscience! So we can wash our mind with the written Word of God to change those unconscious thoughts that produce bad feelings that cause disease, sickness and ultimately death spiritually and physically.

 

Be a troubleshooter not a troublemaker. When emotions of depression, illusions of dread, and thoughts of unworthiness (like thinking you are not equipped enough, etc) creep into your mind, begin to troubleshoot. Get into the Word of God. Find scriptures that have the reverse effect of those emotions trying to overtake you.

 

When I am feeling like a looser, I shout that I am more than a conquer in Christ Jesus! Behold the Lamb of God; He has paid the price for one and all of those who believe. I can do anything through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. All things are possible to those who believe! Wow, all of that and I did not once have to look up the Word! See His Word resides in you and me. So that when a unhealthy thought comes, shoot it down with the Word of God that is alive within you.

 

Let me leave you with this thought to meditate and have become part of your flesh!

(Colossians 3: 1-4) Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power. Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth. For you died when Christ died, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you.

 

"Those sinful earthly things lurking with you" is also referring to those ungodly emotions and thoughts.

No comments: