Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Disciplined Walk

 

We may intentionally begin this discipline or while reading we may realize that these are disciplines we already walk in! This is a season for all to take stock of their lives and find healthy boundaries in which to live.

 

I am taking the liberty to share what I believe to be fundamental in my walk with Jesus! It is my hope that these will inspire you. As you begin the application of these disciplines, you will find yourself adding to them.

 

 

  1. unclutter our lives
     
    Live a simple life. Our lives may be filled with gadgets, meetings, luncheons, and events that amount to no substance in or for Christ.. We find it necessary to have several drawers and closets filled with clothing, kitchens and garages filled with appliances and tools for all occasions. TV programs that are inundated with sexual innuendoes, violence, and destruction to the Christian family. It is time to strip ourselves of the unnecessary and grab hold of the necessity of life.

    Ecclesiastes 7:29RSV See, this alone I found, that God made human beings straightforward, but they have devised many schemes.
    2 Corinthians 11:3 RSV But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by its cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

  2. Be Still
    Silence! The key to hearing His voice. Sit alone in a quiet place with classical instrumental music or in complete silence. If things come to mind write them down and continue in peace. Pray in your prayer language, sing in your unknown tongue, and dance before Him in mind and or in deed.

    TLB Cease striving and know that I am God. Stand silent Know that I am God.
    AMP
    Let be and be still and know—recognizing and understanding that I am God

  3. Cultivate serenity
    Find that solitude deep within. You may call this the place where hidden things come into light and the Godly things become a reality! Deep within us is where we are whole and at peace with God and the things of God.. This is when you can tap into the Glory realm and where you find healing, confidence, and the anointing for carrying out the will of God in your life. When we can live in serenity, we are living under the covering of our heavenly Father. This is truly living in Christ Jesus!
     
    Psalm 139:1-4 For the choir director: A psalm of David. O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.
    Psalm 139:23, 24. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

  4. Trust Him completely
    Surrender your rights, your will, your dreams, your mate, your children, and your finances. When you think of this, you might consider it to be a sacrifice! Well it is a sacrifice. It could mean disassociate yourself with those life long friends who are still living the life of sin you once loved. It could mean to separate yourself from well intentioned relatives who are not living the Word and who try, by no intention of their own, to persuade you back where the Lord found you! To know Jesus is to Love Him and to Love Him is to completely trust Him. Allow the Holy Spirit to go deeper for the completion of your faith. Search the scripture for yourself!

    Hebrew11:8
    It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.
    Luke 10:27
    And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."

With these disciplines, I shall leave you, to meditate and ponder on the things of God. As He reveals to me I pray also He is working and revealing to you the secrets of your life and love of Him and to Him.

 

All the Glory and Praise to Him whom first loved us!

Dianne

 

Hebrews 2:10-13 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through suffering. For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified have all one origin. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, "I will proclaim thy name to my brethren, in the midst of the congregation I will praise thee." And again, "I will put my trust in him." And again, "Here am I, and the children God has given me."

 



 

No comments: