Monday, August 23, 2010

Be Spirit led not Man Fed

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (NIV)


It was a short time after my healing of Crohn's disease that I began to understand the leading and teaching of the Holy Spirit. Our pastor at the time told us no matter who he invited to come to teach or impart to the body "You two seems to be already doing it". We had no clue that that was the teaching and leading of the Holy Spirit who dwelled within us

For example, there was a time we were selected amongst a group of people to go for training in inner healing and deliverance. What an exciting prospect to be used to set people free.

Before we attended these sessions we had to complete a survey about our lives. It was a long list of possible sin and or bad experiences from our past. Believe it or not Dick and I began to share the experiences we had had as a result of the survey. Dick's list was rather short while mine was lengthy and complex. Lo and behold the Holy Spirit led us into the freedom of His embrace and set me free from a past experience. He set me free from the shame of being raped by my older cousin. He set me into a place of greater confidence in Him and released from low self-esteem. We had never done anything like this in our lives. We kept praying and I kept rehearsing the event until I no longer had felt the emotions of pain and hurt. I began to see my past as a movie! It was another me who suffered this event and now I was free to share with others what God did for me!

Now that was being led and taught by the Holy Spirit!

Another experience was when our daughter was about 14 years old. The pastor had a couple come to expose the healing gifts and gift of miracles! During this time our daughter had a friend suffering from cancer. The doctors said his time was close to an end. We visited with him and the Holy Spirit showed himself in Glory as a word spoken to her friend opened his heart to believe. I saw this fellow riding a motorcycle and related it to his life in the spirit. Then I told him the Lord Jesus wanted him to change. During our visit the Lord Jesus entered his body performing the miraculous and shortly thereafter he was released from the hospital.

Being baptized with the Spirit gives us power to overcome every obstacle and every dilemma that may try to keep us from living a supernatural life. You have the opportunity to live life to its fullest. Take the plunge into the Spirit realm. Be baptized in the Holy Spirit and let Him take over your life. In Jesus name, I pray.

No comments: