Monday, September 6, 2010

As a Man Thinks So is He

It is a great statement. Yes, it came from the Bible and another thought it was great so he wrote a book about it. His name was James Allen.

Today I would like to remind you that as you think so you are also. There are times in my life when I get not so good thoughts. Some are of fear or are fear leading! Some might come in dreams tempting me to sin. Some thoughts are about not thinking good of me or being judgmental to others. The list goes on and you may as well jump right in with your nasty thoughts as well. Got them out? Did you write them down? If so burn them and think upon this:

When we are pure in heart we only think about pure things. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8) When I find that my peace has been disturbed in any way, and thoughts come flooding into my soul, I detect that it is the enemy trying to take me from that perfect will of my Father. Ah, the Lord Jesus has promised me and you that to keep our mind in perfect peace we need to be focused on Him. (Isaiah 26:3).

In Romans 12:1 Paul reminds us to present ourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God as that is our service to Him. Then in the next verse I believe the Holy Spirit spoke though Paul when he taught us not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our mind, that we may prove what is the perfect will of God.

So my encouragement to you this day is the same to myself: Whatever is true, noble, and just, whatever is pure and lovely, whatever is a good report, and whatever is virtuous and worthy of praise meditate on Take out that list you have been compiling-the list of the Good God has done for you and through you. Think on those things. If you do not have a list, begin today starting with the day Jesus became your friend, lover of your soul, and your Lord and Savior! Begin with the grace He has given you to repel evil and do good.

For He and He alone is our comfort, our shelter, and our right guard! In Him all things are possible! Believe and see how Good He is! Those negative thoughts will vanish and the new man will arise!

Blessings, Dianne

No comments: