Monday, September 13, 2010

Dilemma

A couple of weeks ago I had been troubled with allergy symptoms-headache, post nasal drip, and even sore throat. I felt as if I was backed into a corner and I began to take an antihistamine. I say backed into a corner because I know that the anointing of Jesus could have healed me. And that thinking took me into these plaguing questions: Where is my faith? Have I sinned? But I cannot repent-because I know if I tried to stop taking the pill I would end up with the symptoms again and so I begin taking medicine once again. Now is that sin?

Those thoughts troubled me, so I shared them with my husband, Dick. And he dismissed it simply by saying "Taking medicine is not sin!" Then I shared it with some gals I pray with here in KY. They encouraged me to continue taking the meds until the healing of the Lord presented itself.

I truly felt that I was grieving the Holy Spirit. If I stopped using the pills I knew I would go back on them again. "Feeling really sorry for sin is not enough-repentance is necessary" So was this sin? I told myself "Repent and sin no more" Taking a pill is NOT sin. Thank you, Jesus for that practical word. It healed my heart and set me straight.

Can you see the dilemma? It was the thought I had. I had to submit those to the Holy Spirit tutelage. The Holy Spirit will take care of my heart and lead me into all truth chasing away fear of disobedience and fear of sin. For I know perfect love cast out all fear and sin alike.

Then the Holy Spirit began to show me that when His voice speaks it liberates our souls. He brings fruit and holiness and peace. When the Holy Spirit speaks, life begins to bubble up with Joy and gladness. It lifts us to a higher place. Up to Zion-the place where the Lord dwells!

Those thoughts of mine did no such thing. How about your thoughts? Bring them into the accountability of two or three witnesses and submit them to the Holy Spirit. Right thinking will occur because He is able and we are willing.

This morning I say Thank you Holy One for teaching me to test the "voices", the thoughts that plaque my mind. Thoughts or spoken words that bring sadness condemnation and captivity do not come from the throne of Jesus. We expose them to the Light of Jesus to be dealt with. He is faithful to fill the void with His steadfast love!

So when the spoken word goes forth or thoughts begin to trouble your spirit test and see whether they are from God or satan! Then BELIEVE the one who saved us, Lord Jesus. Keep your heart and mind on Christ Jesus.

No comments: