Monday, April 11, 2011

Private Prayer

My spoken private prayer contains my needs, my longings, my concerns for others as well as for myself. Always forgiveness, my aspirations, thankfulness and top of the list to express my love to Him. This comes out of my spontaneous feelings-words expressing my inner thoughts and feelings for those matters.

Prayer spoken casts out all anguish and fear. It exhausts that bubble within me and is replaced with a loving peace and healing embrace.

It is only when I have exhausted myself in expression of words and thoughts that I can become still before my creator. Whether lying in bed, sitting in a rocker, or out by the water. Wherever I may be one thing remains the same. I finally become still in words and actions. Even my thoughts fade away as I drift into nothingness of self into the fullness of His Spirit.

When I was lying in my "sick bed" almost twenty years ago, I used guided imagery to escape the pain that came with Crohn's disease. I walked with Jesus in the Garden. Sometimes I would walk with Jesus that day He carried His cross to Calvary. I became an eyewitness of His love for me.

Guided imagery can help us escape the world and its distractions. It can allow us the privilege to be present to the Peace, Love, Joy, and Healing Grace of our Lord and Savior.

I believe our Father God awaits each of us in a secret place.

  • A place where He calls you His own.
  • A place of refuge in times of storms.
  • A Place of provision and wisdom.
  • A place where love meets us and builds us up.
  • A place of secrets told and where lives are made whole.

Don't know about you, but I cannot wait until my next love date!

"Lord, I pray you will meet me and greet me, touching me where I need to be touched. Love on me Lord so I may become lovable to others! In Jesus name I pray."

No comments: