Monday, November 14, 2011

Boast in Jesus


Before I begin to share, I would like to take you through the process in which Holy Spirit enlightened me about this particular scripture. And know this; I did not know the process until I finished meditating and contemplating on the scripture. May it help you in the promptings of Holy Spirit as you read and digest scripture.

  1. First I read the scripture.
  2. Then I chose key words to think about such as circumcision, No value, Faith, expressing itself through love, in Christ, etc.
  3. Then I went to other scripture to find out more about Faith, love, and even scriptures about the law and the spirit of the Lord and what it means to be in Christ Jesus.
  4. After that I thought about what the Lord was trying to tell me today.
  5. And lastly, how can I apply this new understanding to my life and the life of others.

This happens to be the way the Holy Spirit led me during this time of prayer. I am sure there will be a different path the next time I put time aside to spend with the Father. For I know He is the God of growing and stretching us in all ways, in our faith, in our walk, in our thinking, and in our understanding. His loving heart always touches us drawing us closer to Him.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus either circumcision or not has not value. What counts is Faith expressing itself through Love. (NIV)

"For in Christ" is telling me that this verse is speaking to us who believe in Jesus-not only believe but are born again. In those days there was big controversy over being circumcised or not! The Jews came from a life lived under the law and they were circumcised. However, we are not under law but under grace! (Romans 6:14) The Lord does not look to the traditions we keep or the doctrines we follow; nor does he take an account of all our good works. He is not too concerned how well we keep the law, even the Ten Commandments. He is looking at the attitude of our hearts and our humble spirits towards Him. Oh my, some of you are saying "Blaspheme!" I am not making light of the scripture. I am, however, making a point that Jesus has a way out for us when we fall short.

I tell you this. He is looking at our heart attitude and the measure of faith we allow to work in our lives. Now we know that love is not boastful; nor proud. (1 Corinthians 13:4) Nor is our faith arrogant or self-righteous! Therefore, we do not boast of those things our faith may create in the natural-No, we boast in the Lord Jesus and in what He has done, what He is accomplishing, and what He will continue to provide for us so that we may better honor Him. Folks, this is why we post what we have observed during our healing services and encourage people to send us their testimonies personally so others can read what the Lord hath done through their eyes!

Now faith on the other hand is what pleases God. (Hebrews 11:6) It is confidence in what we hope for-it is not an arrogant speech about what we expect. It is confidence in the Lord to work out those things that we do not see as of yet. (Hebrews 11:1) Therefore, we do not boast of those things that we have held captive with our spiritual eye, yet we encourage those around us in what the Lord is about to do so that their faith may grow. Faith is a muscle. It must be repeatedly used and stretched to its limit of endurance in order to grow.

The most important working of our faith is that we use the measure we have and that it operates out of the love of Christ who lives within us all. May you continue to dwell in these scriptures to show yourself approved!

No comments: