Monday, November 28, 2011

Does My Talk Measure Up To My Walk?

My dad used to tell me "Do as I say not as I do!" So my thoughts were if it was good enough for him then why not me! Many years have passed since those days and now I am faced with the question of my spiritual growth. Am I applying my dad's philosophy or am I truly setting the example of my talk with my walk? Am I walking out in faith and allowing Holy Spirit guide me in the darkness of life?

Am I faith walking on unknown paths being confident that the Lord is with me-leading and guiding me each and every step? I often ask the question "What are you believing for?", "Having faith in?", or "Having faith for?" If we are not using the measure of faith we have, we will become stagnate and begin to rely on what we naturally know.

Unfortunately, it takes a challenge in my life to cause my faith to rise. Sometimes it is an illness that comes to me or to a loved one. Then a burden arises and I begin to exercise my faith. Or on other occasions, I begin to have a burden for a nation, a people, or a community!

In the natural I see evil, sickness, disobedience, and ignorance of the Gospel. But with my inner eye I begin to see what "could" be then "will" be and slowly Holy Spirit begins to blow the winds of truth and freedom over His people. The vale is torn, eyes are opened, and freedom comes as His Kingdom is displayed.

Today I ask, Lord keep me focused on the cross. Help me to remain childlike, simple, and trusting so I may receive Your truths and that You may form and produce Your wonders throughout this land. (Matthew 11:25)

Help me to continue to do those things I know to do; while keeping my ear close to your breast so that I may be obedient in faith for those things I do not know. (John 7:17)

Bring a desire to my heart to meditate-ponder and digest your Word. (Psalm 77:6)

Help me to live in faith so my talk measures up to my walk. I trust in you as I go even though I may grow weak and fall, knowing that you will pick me up and place me on the "Rock" of my salvation. In Jesus Name I pray.

No comments: