Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Words

Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my redeemer. (NIV)

Lord, help me to become a drink offering. A drink that is as sweet as Your honey, a drink that is refreshing to others, and one that brings restoration to those in my path. A drink offering Lord that is a joy to Your heart and brings glory to Your throne. Lord that is my priority. Help me to bring substance to my words and mold my heart into what You fashion.

Have you said words similar to these to the Lord? Well then months ago I poured my heart out to the Lord with those exact words. Today as I went back to my journal and read, these thoughts flashed through my mind. Did I really mean what I said Lord? Was I trying to fool myself? Was I trying to puff myself up making myself appear holy to me?

It is so easy to give lip service. We says things like "Yeah, I will do that" or "I would love to be at your meeting". We do this to encourage, but what is in our hearts? Are we just going through the motions? Are we just giving those around us lip service? These are the questions that will help us take inventory of our lives over the past few months. Have our words met up with our actions?

I said yes so many years ago Lord. But I know there is so much more to Your love and Your grace I have not experienced as of yet. Lord, Your will and your desire is what I want to fulfill. Make Your will mine, Lord. Help me to grow deeper, wider, higher. Lift me to that higher ground in You! Exfoliate the dead within me Lord. Revive,-Renew, and Release me once again with Your anointing and power! When I reach out to you Lord, you run to meet me. Fill me again Lord, Flow over me filling those unreachable places I keep hidden. Your Love envelopes me!

Yes, this was also in my journal. Can we compare notes? Have we kept our side of our agreement with the Lord or are we just putting in our time? Are we filled to the utmost with His power and anointing? Are we experiencing His divine touch in new and marvelous ways?

Then the tears came from nowhere. Waves of cleansing, waves of joy, waves of you my Lord rushing over me!

So as I examine myself today, I realize I want more and more of His love; I want more faith, more power and more passion to do His will. I know I am lapse from time to time. I know there are thoughts of failure and complacency. However Lord we do have a history; a history of healing, deliverance from sin, and reconciliation. We have labored together Lord and have seen the Spirit fill places with signs, wonders, and people giving their hearts to you, Jesus.

My prayer today Lord is that we all become closer to you never to look back on our yesterday's sins as anchors to hold back, but to press in to Your presence receiving your Mercy and Grace; to You filling us from the inner most to the outermost. Let us not use empty words and powerless actions. Let us move forward with your love, power, and physical manifestations of divine nature. Amen.

The Lord's response: "Take who you are today and leave it behind. I will bring you a new hope, a new way, and a new plan. Release the old as you released the sins of the past. Come quickly, respond intensely and I will fill you with grace and power to complete the journey ahead."

No comments: