Monday, March 11, 2013

Judging

I have noticed lately some venom spewing from my mouth. I have become snippy. My words have a sharp edge to them. I have been judging with a sense of righteousness that is creeping and flowing through my flesh. Pointing the finger and blaming others is totally living in the flesh and NOT of God.

Unfortunately those who are closest to me-my husband-gets the tongue lashing, he does not deserve. If you find yourself in this place, please pray with me knowing the first step is recognition-admission of sin and that now is the time of letting go.

Holy Spirit used a girlfriend of mine to convict me. If Holy Spirit is convicting you do not hesitate; pray with me saying:

"Lord I come running to your throne room of mercy-forgiveness and grace-your unmerited favor and your empowerment to rise above my emotions. I sit and wait at your feet abiding in Your love and being infused with your transformation power that only you can give. Thank you Lord for setting me free from judgments as I release those judgments I have passed onto others. Create in me a new heart of joy, peace, and edification. Now I wait and ask 'Lord, what do you have for me?' Amen."

Take this time to journal what the Lord is whispering in your heart. If you like, share it with me and other friends and watch the Lord set the captives free.

No comments: