Monday, July 29, 2013

Be Holy Like I Am Holy

Ephesians 4:24 (NIV)
Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Be a new person and that new person has been made like God, He does what is right and holy because he know the Truth.

Over the last few days I have been thinking about what holiness look like in my life. How can it really be holy in this weakened body of mine? My thoughts go to and fro. My tongue gets off in the wrong direction and I find myself in a poor state; not too holy. Then I begin a new thought process.

I am a new creation created and fashioned in His likeness. My Daddy, Father God's DNS in my spirit man!

"Walk in the spirit, Dianne. Walk and do not falter for this world shall fade away, but what is to come is eternal."

So I reflected on moments of holiness in my life, times of intimate communications, times of obedience to the Word, to Jesus. Times for being a partaker of His grace and partnering in His work here on earth.

"These are times of holiness. Not necessarily in the doing but in the being is essential. Be Holy, Dianne."

Without the guidance of Holy Spirit demonstrating His word in my mortal body, I would have NO holiness. That new person I became spiritually shall ease out into my mortal man.

I shall not be anxious but at peace in all things knowing He is perfecting the work He has begun in me.

In order to become holy we must:

  •   Get to know the Lord
  •   Read His word
  •   Be led by Holy Spirit
  •   Repent and be transformed in our mind then in our actions

Worship Him in spirit and in truth. You will get to know His character, His desires. Commune with Him and seek the face of the almighty.

I know I shall do more myself.

Thank you, Lord illuminating my head with Your word and Your character. Lord, I pray You continue to make me aware of your drawing presence.

No comments: