Friday, January 25, 2008

Meno....pause

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead— 2 Corinthians 1:9  NIV

Although we don't like to admit it, we all occasionally run into dead-end places in our lives where we don't know what to say, what to do, where to turn, or even how to pray.. Sometimes it seems like we've hit a dead-end — in other words, it appears like everything is finished, over, and done with!

If you've ever been in this situation, you know what a hard place this can be!  Sometimes it is a stage in life--adolescence, young adult, and maturing into menopause.

Through these kinds of experiences, you and I discover that our own strength is no match for some of life's problems or even our emotions. That's why we must learn to depend on the power and wisdom of God!

In Second Corinthians 1:9, Paul says, "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead."

Gee I can relate to that dead end feeling!  When I think of my age and the changes I am going through it would be easy to think, I am at the end times in my life.  A death sentence is about to happen!  All the evidence is there.  Hot flashes, grouchy moods, weight gain, spotted and droopy skin, wrinkles appearing in places I would never have thought of!  Yelp, menopause! By my appearance you might think there is no way to escape from the inevitable aging process. It looked like I hit a dead-end; everything seems to be finished, over, and done with!

Have you ever had a time in your life when it looked like it was the end of the road for you and your dreams?  Did you think there was no way out?  Did it look like there were so many problems stacked against you that you'd never survive what you were facing?

In essence, Second Corinthians 1:9 could be translated according to me:  "As far as we were concerned, the outcome is inevitable—death to the gal I was once. But in spite of how it looked, Paul didn't die, nor did he fail at fulfilling the job God had given him. It may have looked like it was the end of the road, but it was really the beginning of a new supernatural flow of divine power into Paul's life. That's why he went on to say that through it all, he learned not to trust in himself, but in God who raises the dead. Then right from the midst of this horrible situation, God's power quickened me to His faithful promises for my life and the life of my loved ones. 

I am redeemed, rescued from the curse of death (failure)! For the Lord strengths me beyond my expectations and inspires me to carry on.  These are the years of impartation, restoration, and loving embraces to those around and about me and you!  The future years are way better, way glorious than the former years! 
Praise God!

When you don't know what else to do and when you have no one else to turn to, that's usually when God's resurrection power begins to operate in you to the greatest measure! You see, there's no such thing as hopelessness. As long as there is a loving Heavenly Father you can call on, there is still hope for you! If you learn to rely on Him, that dead-end place in your life that you're facing right now can become a new beginning!

So call out to your Heavenly Father right now. Expect Him to release His resurrection power on your behalf to turn your dead-end situation around!

2 comments:

jjdalton27 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjdalton27 said...

Sorry about deleting my previous comment but I forgot some stuff and really needed to include it.

Boy did this one hit me.... I felt the hopelessness when my daughter Nicole was diagnosed with a level IV Brain Cancer and God brought me through that. Through His Grace she is healed... Praise Jesus' mighty name.

Now, I feel at a dead-end at seeking a job and I know God will bring me through that.

Then there's the issue of selling my house in Port Charlotte.....

God sure has his work cut out for him because I am not to worry but to put it in His hands and know that His timing is perfect...