Sunday, May 4, 2008

INVEST/DIVEST

"I am investing in you My Kingdom. I am investing-depositing directly into you! I am investing in you the grace and strength for you to take the next steps. Now I call you to divest!"

This is the Word I received Tuesday evening at the Bible Discovery Group here in FL. Neat Word, I thought, as the words came out!

The Spirit of the Lord is investing into us. He is giving us grace-strength to take the next steps. He is giving us His love. His unconditional everlasting love, filling in all wounds and restoring us back to Him-restoring us to "perfect" health, spiritually and naturally.

WOW, there is a whole lot more about that investing. Take some time and ponder the ways the Lord is INVESTING in you! "Think on these things"

Gee, those words even rhyme, and they sound cute too! Invest, divest.

I repeated this word with someone I believed God wanted me to share it with and more in depth. I asked him to research the word "divest". Then I thought, "Wow, I should do that too!" I really do not know what Divest means. If the Lord spoke to all, that included me also!

Webster' defines divest as

  1. to deprive or dispossess, especially of property, authority, or title
  2. to undress or strip especially of clothing, ornament, or equipment
  3. rid, free

 

Then I began to thinking about this next stage in my and my husband's life together. Retirement and a change from the life we have lived since we became one!

        • A new life awaits us, a life of leisure with the lover of our souls
        • A new dimension to our call and ministry
        • A deeper understanding of life and who/what we represent to others
        • A new environment to live spiritually and naturally!

 The list goes on and on...

 

Then I began to think Divest, Dianne, DIVEST, and I began to review what I have started to do in Rhode Island . I have been giving furniture-clothing and other things away--stripping away the excess and giving to family, friends, and to those others in need. In this respect, I have begun the process of divesting and allowing our everyday life to become less cumbersome.

What about my mind? Divest those ungodly truths, those old traditions I learned and practiced that have no value to God. Those events, people, and places I put before God. Those icons which take my time and energy that the Lord cannot be glorified in! Therefore, I bring myself, this morning, to take an inventory, and once again divest. "Place all your burdens upon Me for I will set you free!"

I think I get it now! When I allow the Lord to hold me, to take me apart from the world, myself and other distractions, I become aware of those things I need to strip away so I can continue my walk and my purpose for Him. I become lighter physically and spiritually.

The lighter we become the more of Him we can absorb and the more He can occupy. It is like the lift in a plane. Less weight and the faster and higher it may go!

Lord, you are telling me that sometimes you invest and things supernaturally fall away. Other times we choose to change and you make our environment conducive with Your will. I believe today you are saying You are investing and "I/ we" must do the divesting in the natural for ourselves!

Praise God for His power and might! Praise Him all ye saints!

Divest! Divest as He is investing in you!

We are FREE at last!

No comments: