Saturday, May 31, 2008

A little dab will do ya!

 Have you ever had the flu?  You ache all over, with a headache that will not quit, and your nose is so stuffed up you cannot breathe.  You are feeling so rotten that nothing soothes the pain or quiets your body; you just toss and turn and hibernate.  Interaction with those you love is not on your priority list.  When you do try to have conversation you feel alone and isolated!  I even remember saying, "Just leave me alone with my misery!"  Your head bangs so loud the only thing that begins to make you feel better is to hide in the darkness with a cold compress on your head. You could say this is the flu all right.  And the Lord wants to heal you. Yes, He wants to heal me too.  But I am so miserable that I cannot even be bothered to pray, never alone read or watch TV.  Nothing satisfies.  Nothing comforts.

It is the same when we are in sin.  All those same symptoms run rapid in our spirit man--wanting to hide away from the light, feeling alone and miserable!  Then along comes Jesus, the light, and you run and hide.  Wonder what life is going to be like after the sin is gone?  Will my friends still like me?  Will I be accepted at the group I belong to at Church?  How about my employer, my family?  If those things come to mind, I guess Satan is doing his job already.  Go for the GOLD!  Cling to the ROCK! It is the only way out of the darkness. 

The One and only is out for our eternal life.  His methods may vary according to the individual, yet the result is the same.  CHANGE…  This change can be physical, spiritual, or emotional!  Maybe it is all three.  Body, Mind, Soul–the Lord is after it all.  No matter where He finds you today, He wants more of you and more of me.  The challenge is if we are willing to step where we have not stepped before.  Are we willing to be led where we think there is no end?  Walk by faith, not by sight.  Be willing to let the Lord lead you into all truth. That is what it is about. 

If you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you have begun that walk.  Go into deeper waters with Him.  Trust more, it will increase your faith! Step into realm's you do not see the end!  If you do not know the Lord as your Healer, then let Him lead you there!  If you do not know the Lord as your provider, let Him show Himself there in your life-by leading you to a new place, a new venture of employment!  Maybe you have never endured hardship before. Let the Lord comfort you through that journey. Our God is the God above all and of all.  Allow Him to be who He is too you. 

If you step out in faith, knowing He will provide exactly what you need, your life will never be the same!   His love endures forever and His provision for your need is there!

Blessings, dianne

No comments: