Saturday, July 5, 2008

Clear Skies

....he is like the light of the morning, like the sunrise bursting forth in a cloudless sky, like the refreshing rains that bring tender grass from the earth.' 2 Samual 23:4 NLT 
 

WOW! I would not have believed it if I had not experience it myself! To the left and to the right of me were dark threatening clouds! Should I run to take cover? Do I continue stay where I am? Then I looked straight up and was taken in by the sun beaming over my head. It was as though those big puffy white Florida clouds were painted on canvas of blue sky! Since I could see there were clear skies overhead, I decided to wait it out and know that by this water's edge I am cared for and nourished by the sun. Suddenly, there were flashing streaks of lightening. The rumblings of the thunder seemed like it was coming from the earth; as though it was calling out for nourishment!

No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.  Philippians 3:13-14 NLT
 

What an allegory to life.  There is darkness to the left and the right of us.  The Word tells us to keep our focus on God--straight ahead.  To reach the mark the Lord has set before us to achieve, we can not waver to the left or to the right. As we focus at the prize before us, it is easier to keep our focus and proceed forward. Divine intervention can meet you in the midst of a storm and bring you peace of mind, provision to get you through.

So I run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who misses his punches.  1 Cor 9:6 NLT

Suddenly, I experienced a cool refreshing breeze. What a comfort it was as it touched each bead of perspiration that had formed on my skin. For the Holy Spirit comes just like that cool breeze. He comes to refresh us, to strengthen us for the road ahead. It is the Holy Spirit who enables us to hang in there and keep on going.  For by the grace of God we stand and by His grace we will we succeed!  Not by my strength, oh, Lord, but Yours, my mighty King.

It was because of this experience, today I was able to look up and be thankful for the provisions He supplies in my life. Can you count the ways He has supplied you with provision?

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.  Col 4:2 NLT

No comments: