Monday, July 21, 2008

GET EXCITED!

When I begin to think of the reasons why the Lord healed me, an excitement comes over me and takes over my emotions! I know without a doubt that He touched my body and my mind so I would reach others and touch them with His healing power.

 

Acts 15:28 tells us "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these requirements". Ok now, you went to your Bible and it is not talking specifically about Dianne Evans and the way she leads her life. However, it does say that the Apostles lived their life being guided by the Holy Spirit. And if it worked for them it surly works for me! How about you?

 

The thought of laying hands on the sick excites me. The thought of pointing people to the scripture to help them on their journey brings about much JOY in my life. To be a blessing is receiving a blessing to me! Even when life is filled with chaos, I can sit back with a grateful, thankful heart and project a hopeful future. There is no doubt that there are sacrifices to be made and things to be done that maybe I would not choose to do. However, when the time is right I do them and I am deeply happy and satisfied with the work of my hands.

 

God always finds ways to let you know He is with you and guiding you. Dick once used the GPS to illustrate how the Holy Spirit teaches, and guides us through life situations. I must say it is a very good analogy. However, this last trip from Florida to RI was an adventure. I felt I had over stayed my visit to Florida and it was time to leave our Florida home.

 

For some reason I was not looking forward to my trip home which included the preparation and travel to Tampa with Tuffy, our cairn terrier.. It was an early rise to finish preparing the house and then off on a two-hour trip to Tampa. I thought I was prepared as I stopped at for a coffee and donut, kissed my mom goodbye and took off. The GPS was mounted, the coordinates entered, and the display showing me the best route of travel.

 

First part of the way was smooth sailing with blue skies overhead. Then the rain came! The downpour and the noise of the wipers frightened Tuffy so she curled up into my lap for safe travel. A few seconds later the GPS screen turned black. I pulled over thinking it needed POWER. I plugged it into the cigar lighter and it did not work! What am I going to do? I began driving again, rain just coming down in torrents. I began to Nextel Dick with no contact. Then I called him and my phone loss contact with the tower! Oh, BOY! In between all of these maneuvers, I was giving thanks to my guide and comforter, provider and instiller of all hope--The Holy Spirit!

 

A few years ago, I would have begun to literally sweat and panic causing my stomach to swell and ache. There was none of that, praise God for He has done a new thing within me. Well, I continued on route, knowing there was a turn off somewhere but I did not remember where. I picked up the phone again and dialed Dick and there he was arriving home after delivering bread to the shelters nearby. He got on the computer and by the time he got back to me, I was approaching the turn off to 275. WOW what timing the Holy Spirit has.

 

There was no bargaining with the Lord through this process. I was just so grateful He was with me planning my every move, providing my every need. I just kept on the path knowing He would intervene and send the WORD!

 

We really need to just go on with our life to the best of our ability. There are alternate avenues and venues for us to pursue in life. The Lord Himself, will make a way even when things seem dark and grey—keep the task in hand and pursue your goal. Even if it was just driving to Tampa without a GPS or a personal sense of direction that could get you lost in my own back yard!

 

When all else fails, try and try again. For waiting on Him is not staying still. But, it is pressing forward toward the mark He has set before us! Then when you get to a place and not know where to turn you STAND and stand on the Word until the answer comes forth!

 

Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."

For in him we have the answers to life itself.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

 

Hang in there, the Holy Spirit is here to stay!

 

 

 

 

No comments: