Thursday, February 18, 2010

Obedience

Obedience in and of itself could be sin! You might think "How can that be?" Well, doing what I know is right with a begrudgingly attitude and kicking and complaining all the way is not Obedience, is it? We might be doing what is asked of us but not carrying out the command in a loving way. Something tells me sin is involved here. What do you think?

I often think about being obedient because I am obligated! No love there, either!

When Jesus came, He came out of obedience to the Father and when He died He died out of LOVE, not obligation. How quickly can I learn the Holy definitions of Obedience! May we all continue in the obedience Jesus taught us through his life walk with the Father!

The next time I am called to obedience, I will ponder the life of Jesus, test my attitude, and check my love thermometer! Will you do the same?

No comments: