Monday, March 29, 2010

We Are What We Eat

I remember listening to Richard Simmons speaking about we are what we eat. And that we can exercise ourselves to wholeness. I know he is a little different and he does say some corny things. However, the things he promotes are true. We are what we eat. Eat healthy and we become more healthy; we can even loose weight and become more mentally sound!

Dick has been in the computer industry forever-so long that I coined the phrase that he is "Fred Flintstone of computers". When he taught he used the phrase "Garbage in garbage out!" In other words, the answers that program gives you from the data in your computer is only as good as the input you fed into the computer. Therefore, garbage in garbage out!

It is so with our spirit. What we feed our spirit man determines the fruit in our lives. In other words, if we watch trashy movies or listen to trashy music, we become products of that trash. Have you ever heard the saying "Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are?" If we want to become a teacher, we go to school to become one. We study and then practice as student teachers, and then become one. The level of our training and the application of that training will determine what kind of teacher we will be.

The Holy Spirit is our teacher. He will guide us into all truth. He is also the way shower pointing us to Jesus and His teachings and His life style. The Hope of Glory, Christ within us! We are to be molded into His image and likeness. However, that cannot happen if we hang around with the same old same old.

We are expected, by the Holy Spirit to study (the Word of God) to show ourselves approved. We are to lean on Him and yield to His calling and discipline! In those ways we will become what we spiritually eat. More like Jesus. Sit still and know that I am God. After reading scripture sit still and ask, "Holy Spirit, what is happening here? What do you ask of me? How am I to change? What am I to do?"

Today more than ever, I lean on Him. I find myself asking, inquiring, and responding "Here I am Lord use me!" The voice said to me, "Son of man, eat what I am" giving you - eat this scroll! Then go and give its message to the people of Israel." (Ezekiel 3:1)

Lord I pray you continue to work in us all. Lead us Lord, and we will follow! Call us Lord and we shall answer. God only knows what is good for us, no man and no other plan can direct our steps into our destiny. Holy Spirit, you are the man for us. Work in us today!

No comments: