Saturday, March 13, 2010

Give My Best!

What is your best anyway? How about my best? Is it really my best or is it just an expression we say? Tell so and so I am asking for them! If you were really asking for them why not give them a call? Hey, I am at fault for that one.

Just the other day we were attending a Bible Discovery Group here in Florida and I said "Tell Helen I will call her tomorrow!" Well tomorrow came and so did the morning and most of the afternoon. I could not let those words slip away. I almost made a liar out of myself but fortunately I was convicted by the Holy One. I had an opportunity to change my ways. Mean what you say, Dianne and practice what you preach came into my mind.

The Best is yet to come. Our former years will be greater than the latter! Do you remember that scripture? Does that mean we are putting off our present into the distant future? I certainly hope not! Our lives are continually being transformed and molded, and hopefully molded into the image and likeness of Christ. Nevertheless, molded and transformed in one way or the other.

Give Helen my best! Well I really meant it. We pray for her each night before we close our eyes, along with others. But is that my best? I am not sure. There must be something more. The words that fall out of my mouth can be destructive or productive. Even nice words like Give Helen my best, or Tell Helen I will call tomorrow; I will pray for you. All nice and loving we might think. But do we put action behind those well intentioned words?

As you can see, this is what the Holy Spirit is making me think upon. God the Father's best was the sending of His son to die for our sin so that we may be in relationship and receive our inheritance (eternal life with Him in Heaven). What is He asking of you and me? What do those words really mean? I can only say by faith I shall live out my life. And faith is an action word that requires actions and deeds on our part.

I pray today that we all "Give God our BEST"; the best we know of today and then an increased best tomorrow. May the words that flow from our mouths carry love and healing. May our words be a mere glimpse of the deeds the Lord would have us accomplish. May we become a testament of His glory to all, and that includes ourselves.

No comments: