Monday, June 7, 2010

I Want More

Is it wrong to say: "I just want more"?

When growing up, we never asked for more to eat. We were given our portion and ate it. That was that! Then when I married and had children, I gave them their portions. They ate it and asked for more. There was always more than enough for them. 

At one time I might have thought it was not godly to ask God for more. More of what you may ask? More of anything that I perceived God had. Gee, I would think, He healed me, isn't that enough? No! He took away my nasty mouth and replaced words of sarcasm with words of love. Wasn't that enough? No! 

Then I would lay hands on the sick and watch the Holy Spirit enter in and see them recovered. Isn't that enough? No! I wanted to share what the Lord has done for me and expose the truths the Holy Spirit showed me. Was that enough? No! I could go on and on. I just don't seem to have enough love, enough power, enough gifts to give Him the glory. Never is there enough peace or revelation of Christ in my life.

I have come to understand that I am to remain hungry for more in my life and in the lives of others. I want more. I want more healings, signs and wonders, words of knowledge, and more inner healings to show as fruit in my life for the sake of the Gospel. 

The Holy Spirit had placed a burning flame within me in 1991 when He healed me from Crohn's disease that continues to grow larger and larger. The more I experience in the Lord, the more I want. The more I want, the more He exposes to me! There just isn't enough of God in me. There is not enough God in the world. I want more!

Lord I pray we all come to the place beyond ourselves and find ourselves leaning on your breast; just wanting more-more of you. If there is a promise, it is for us to see and crave! For you are like myself, giving us more because there is more than enough!

No comments: