Monday, June 28, 2010

Treasures in the Darkness

The Promises of God are Yeah! And AMEN!-Yes and it is done!



"I will never leave you or forsake you"

"May you prosper as your soul prospers"

"I am your shelter and refuge in time of trouble"

"On the day of your salvation I heard you"



These are amongst the hundreds of promises God has for each of us. It is up to us to search them out and have them become personal to us. For me, it seems that it is when I am most troubled that I cling to His Word for myself and for the lives of others close to me. Then of course it is when we are in our darkest time of need that we are frantically running around searching for the Truth to cling to.



Ah, if we could only settle into His presence, because we know that His light will dispel the darkness. Spending time with the love of our soul is viable for our victory. Seek Him in all His ways and He will make Himself luminous to you. For in the Light there is NO darkness! (Light meaning our Lord's presence)



These words might be familiar to you or maybe not. To me there are experiences attached to those words which prove to me that the Lord keeps His promises. In the midst of emotions of anguish, despair, or confusion He comes in like a flood to refresh, to restore, and to rejuvenate my body mind and soul. Why? Because He loves me and He loves you. He is waiting to meet with you. Just you. So go to Him and bare it all. Go love on the one who loves you the most!



I had once told my husband Dick that I would live anywhere with him. We did not have much; the most valuable asset we had was each other. When I said that, I meant it. If we had each other, all would be well. For almost 26 years now it has been more than just fine. The Lord saw to it that we have been blessed beyond our loving relationship with each other. He has blessed us with family, friends, and yes material things as well.



Well we need to say that to the Lord. As long as we have Him we need nothing else. Do you know he feels the same with us? All He wants of us is us, just the way we are, in relationship with Him so tight that nothing else matters. Now you have guessed it. When you have that relationship with Him all else is added to you. More than Enough!

No comments: