Monday, May 31, 2010

They Know Who We Are

  • By our eloquent prayers
  • By our good works
  • By never cursing
  • By never drinking
  • By never offending anyone

Today I must say that anyone in this world can be like this person I have described--heathen or believer alike. But what does the word of God tell us about how the world will know that we are Christ's disciples?

The first scripture that came to me was John 13:35 "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." Does that means to love that Christian brother or sister you had an argument with last week? YES. Or maybe it is a brother or sister in Christ you disagree with over some doctrine. YES again.

Luke 6:32 tells us we are not to just love those who love us, and Luke 6:27 tells is to love even our enemies!

Again I say yes. Even the world will know that when you are filled with the Love of Christ, the Holy Spirit gives you the grace to love the unlovely. He gives you the overwhelming love to love the sinner even though you hate their sin.

He gives you enough love to befriend a person who needs a helping encouraging hand. The Holy Spirit gives us enough love to go to a brother or sister in Christ, whom you are a friend with, and approach them in love regarding their short coming, their sin.

Now I want you to know those items listed above should be some of the fruit of a believer; however LOVE is the only fruit that can withstand the trials and weather any storm in all relationships.

1 Corinthians 12:3-7
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


That says it all for me. Lord I pray that I will display your love to others. That I like Jesus will endure all just because He first loved me. So what do you think? Got LOVE?

No comments: