Monday, May 3, 2010

Come Hungry

When I was first married, I remember going to Mom's for dinner. "Come hungry," she would say. And believe me we did come hungry. We ate and ate until we could not fit another bite in. Then to my surprise, there were the leftovers we did not expect to receive. WOW enough for another few days. Many nutritionists say that we become what we eat. And there is plenty to say about that statement.

Today the Lord is shouting to us "Come hungry"; there is plenty to eat and more than enough for you. He wants us to partake of His Spirit; to ingest and digest His word and become what He has called us to be. -More Love, More Power, More of His Word, More Compassion, More and more of Jesus. And we find out there is more for tomorrow and no need to gorge ourselves. It is like the manna He gave the Israelites. It was more than enough for today and more was always available for tomorrow, and all the days to come.

It is not until we are hungry do we appreciate being satisfied.

So here I am again, coming hungry. I am starving. I am famished for your infilling Lord. I am depleted, empty, and desperately waiting for God to move amongst us-anxiously and excitedly waiting for a manifestation of His love

No comments: