Monday, May 24, 2010

Babes

Mathew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

I woke up this morning thinking that our youngest child will be having her first baby. Ahh babes! I just love infants. They are so gentle, loving, and dependant. What I like best is that they are so dependent upon you for their care. What they eat, taking care of their cleanliness, feeding, etc. etc. Just the scent of an infant sends those feelings of love and joy through my being.

The joy of motherhood for me is to nurture and cuddly my babes in such a way they feel secure to grow into the individual that the Lord has entrusted us with. Oh, those toddler years, so brave and adventurous those babes become. They are unencumbered running about their small world attacking their day with joyful, fearless attempts to accomplish something brand new! When you call them, they run with open arms smiling, waiting for your loving embrace.

Mathew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Yeah, now that I am thinking about all of that, I am sure that is how our loving Father wants us to be with him. He want us so unencumbered with our intellect and worldly matters that we can free fall into His arms and bravely follow any instruction that the Holy Spirit would give us.

Today I pray we become more like babes remaining in our Fathers loving embrace!

No comments: