Friday, May 21, 2010

A Grateful Servant


Isaiah 49:3
He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor." (NIV)>


Since 1991, the year of my miraculous healing from Crohn's disease, life for me has been an extended gift. It was then I decided to dedicate my life to the Lord and the work He has for me.

Up to that point life revolved around acquiring things and providing comfort for and meeting our growing family's needs. Life seemed to be passing by without my giving a thought to my savior and His desire for me.

Along came the resurrection life and a zap to my mortal body. It caused a change in life style from a life focused on the world to a new life focused on Christ.

Grateful I live. I am grateful for the grace that has brought me thus far and grateful for the grace that will enable me to complete my race here on earth.

The world offered me a limited life with limited benefits. Grace has granted me the opportunity to be a servant of the Lord by serving others. The benefits are unlimited. I continue to count them today. Among those benefits are being able to watch our children grow into awesome adults and to be a part of our grandchildren's lives. It is also a benefit to share stories of Jesus and His love with our grandchildren, by living a long, loving, God centered life with my husband experiencing God moving in our lives and in the lives of others.

I could go on, but I will stop there. What things in your life do you have to be grateful for?

No comments: