Monday, July 12, 2010

I Did It!

I actually did something I have never done before! You might be waiting for some extraordinary accomplishment. Well, I killed a fly with my hands while it was in flight. So there, you can never say you cannot teach an old dog new tricks!

Well, that event got me thinking about how all things are new in Christ Jesus. Yup, you can say that you are a new person now that you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior. We are new creature of infinite worth because of Christ's redemptive blood.

Deuteronomy 7:8
It was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt.


Not only that but we are received by His deep love for us. Man He loves me so deeply that my mind cannot understand why yet I can reach out and almost touch His love for me.

Matthew 26:28
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

And we are forgiven. I am completely forgiven! We are forgiven for every grievous offence and minor trouble that we have ever committed. Sometimes it is me-I cannot forgive myself so I hang onto guilt and shame.

Song of Solomon 7:6
How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights!


How about this? We are fully pleasing to our God, our Father in heaven. He looks upon us with eyes of love admiring us as we give Him the glory and praise. Those eyes of love are upon us as we sit and read, as we play with our children's children, and even while we sleep. He looks upon us with dreamingly eyes knowing that we are His own.

Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.


We are accepted, totally and completely accepted by God our creator. No matter how we speak, how we react to situations, He totally accepts you and I just the way we are. The good, the bad and the ugly! That is so freeing to me I can hardly stand myself. He loves me. Yes He does and I do not have to do anything to prove myself or make myself someone I am not. Neither do you. Just be you! You are accepted. To prove this He has given us the Holy Spirit to call upon. He is the one ready and willing to bring forth the righteous we are in Christ.

In Christ Jesus, we are totally complete. There is nothing else we need to add to ourselves. We are full of His wisdom, knowledge and full of His love and power. We are perfect in every way.

So what are we waiting for? Waiting for the flesh to catch up to our spirit man? Waiting for us to know more? Today I say if we do not begin to walk out in Christ right now we will be left behind. Behind in all those extravagant things He has pre-destined us to do and accomplish in His Son Jesus' name.

No comments: