Monday, March 14, 2011

Power Washer

You are probably thinking, "What in the world is Dianne going to talk about?" Have you ever used a power washer? And I am not talking about one of those wimpy ones either. I am talking about waving that wand and seeing dirt, mildew, and mold slim of all sorts just melt away.

As I was power-washing our driveway I had a few thoughts. One of which was reminiscing about the last time I had done the driveway. It was just after Charlie (hurricane in 2004) when the driveway was covered with all sorts of debris including mold and green fuzzy stuff. It was horrendous looking. After that wash it looked white as snow.

It seems to me that this is what the Lord does to our spirit man when we call upon Jesus' name to save us. He cleans us as white as snow. WOW, what a power-wash we receive. Pure and innocent we become; so much so our heavenly Father does not see our old selves. He see's us through the blood of Jesus.

Today I had another thought as I was power-washing. The driveway was not as bad as it was back then, but as I was waving that wand dirt, mold, and debris peeled off running with the water down the driveway. Now if you have a spouse like mine, he might respond to all your efforts like this: "Yup, it's the driveway. Good job." You see he really would not notice the difference. He just would not see that the driveway is once again light grey with nice colored shells in it. He would not even notice the new found cracks. He would say good job because I spent the major part of the afternoon out playing with the power-washer.

Sometimes that is how it is when we come to Christ. Some people won't even notice the difference with us either. Maybe we are keeping Jesus a secret and in that case we should reconsider who the Lord is to us and what He has done in our lives. Or it could be we have been living with the Lord for several years now and we need a new blast (a power-wash) refreshing and reviving of our spirits to carry us through the next leg of our journey.

So today when I went to prayer, I asked for a power-wash. I asked for His grace to blast over my life, my soul, and my spirit and to fill those new found cracks with His Love and mercy.

Let us pray "Revive me O Lord. Refresh me Anew. Use the Power-Washer of Your Spirit to create in me a clean heart towards You and others. In Jesus Name. Amen"

The next time you decide to do some power-washing ask God to do Great things within you. Washing you, cleansing you, and making you into a New Person not only in His sight but to change your character into His so others who gaze upon you see Jesus' character!

Blessings, dianne

No comments: