Monday, March 21, 2011

Take Care of Your Feet!

I have had very dry cracked callused skin on my feet for years. Some relatives say my feet are like my dad's. He had callused feet and so did I. Notice the past tense. But I do own up to my own neglect. Very seldom do I dry my feet after showering. And hardly ever do I get a pedicure or apply cream to my feet. How are your feet?

For the last several weeks now I have been paying attending and caring for and bringing nourishment to my feet. It has become a ritual now. After I shower I take a few minutes to pamper my feet by messaging them with extra hydrating facial cream.

This morning I could not help but think how we should take care and give attention to our relationship with the Lord. For I know He longs for our precious times together. I give Him thanks-He gives massages to my heart. I give Him the glory-He performs mighty wonders through my hands. I express my gratitude-He gives me His peace! Just being still with Him on my mind alone places me in the position of His grace.

1 Timothy 6:17-19
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.


This brings me to another thought: How long will I maintain this ritual of pampering my feet? How long will I continue to take time to be with the Lord? Good questions, right? Yea, I am so human. I get lazy and get involved with things and might want to hurry along my shower routine! And I just might skip over my quiet time with the Lord!

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship.

Oh, Holy Spirit, help us not to neglect You. Prod us along so that we will become so longing for Your touch that we set aside worldly concerns and deeds to fellowship with you. We need to love on you the way Jesus had loved and still loves on us! May this be our living prayer! Amen.

No comments: