Monday, October 3, 2011

A Dove


I would just LOVE to have a DOVE-chocolate that is! Smooth, creamy; just makes you want to relax and savor the flavor. It is the hypnotic chocolate that makes you come back for more and more. Take a moment for yourself and indulge in a Dove. Great commercial lines, yes?

The fact of the matter is that the advertising experts are constantly appealing to that hole we have within. They want to fill it with all sorts of drinks and eats, not to mention the houses, cars, clothing and toys that can occupy our time. We are fun seekers looking to please our flesh in whatever ways we can. Now I want you to know that we are not necessarily in sin nor are we being unpleasing to the Lord with these things however they can take us over the edge.

Ever since my healing I have been craving more and more of God. Just like tasting that ever delectable Dove chocolate I crave the presence of the Holy Spirit. He is the only one that satisfies my being. He quiets my soul and fills my emptiness. In the days ahead we are to seek first the Kingdom of God and know that all else will be added to us!

Lord, we are so deprived of your tender presence! Today we come to you and ask if our pleasures displease you? Lord, speak to us so we will know. Infill us with your Spirit, Lord. Give us the ability to seek you first before we try to replace that hole within with fleshy desires.

1 comment:

believerto said...

Hi,
While reading this it brought back memories of ministering on the net several years ago. The one thing that more people said to me was about this missing place in their heart. It was like they had a hole missing. That opened the door for me to share the precious gospel of Jesus with them and told them that He would heal them and fill that missing area of their heart. God bless. It was wonderful to meet you Monday night at Steubenville Baptist Church. God bless, Debbie Tucker