Monday, October 17, 2011

Waiting for Change


Isaiah 40:30
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)

Most of us are in the place where we are waiting for change-yet no change comes. A change of employment conditions, change in our spouse, change in our habits, change in our children's behavior, change in our economy, change in our government, change in our community¸ change in our health, change in our church--CHANGE. We are waiting for change.

The key word is waiting. Most are just sitting around reading the newspaper and listening to others about where we need change. We give our opinions, discuss where the change needs to occur, and proceed with the same old life we always lived. So we sit and wait for someone to change things.

This morning the Lord told me to wait upon Him. My life has been hectic with family, friends, and yes His good works as well. Yet He tells me to stand aside and wait upon Him in the manner He taught me. When I finished I felt renewed with the sense that I will go back again today and wait upon Him.

Waiting on the Lord has nothing to do with doing nothing! It begins by quieting our minds of the world and focusing in on our How great our God is. Would you too like to wait upon the Lord? Would you like to wait with me? This is the process of my morning waiting and meditation, you can fill in the blanks with the scripture andthe pondering the Lord gives you as you proceed.

How great thou art God! How marvelous are your ways! Holy, Powerful, Merciful, and full of Grace. Most of all, how loving. Go to the scriptures and read and meditate on the attributes of God and His wonders and most of all the Love He has for you!

Then it is time to reminisce on Who God is to you or me! He is my fortress, My high and mighty tower, a shelter in times of storms, a hiding place in times of stress, my healer in times of sickness, and a place of comfort in times of sorrow. He gives me wisdom in times of calamity and peace in times of chaos. My all and all He is to me. He chastens me when I fall and encourages me unto the right paths. Need I go o?. Who is the Lord to You?

At this time I have touched His hem and now He can speak to my heart. If I need to forgive... or repent. If I need direction it comes all with His loving touch. I am made whole and ready for my next assignment.

If you are anything like myself. I tend to forget to wait and then proceed with a divine strategy. I tend to go and go and then realize I have lost my peace-His peace.l

Again we find ourselves waiting upon Him to instruct, correct, comfort, and heal all those areas within. And again He is faithful to produce such fruit that others may recognize Him and give their lives to Him. As we submit ourselves, He shall move mightily in our lives and the places we live.

Seek others to wait upon the Lord with. The territory in which you live will be expanded and His Glory shall be known!

If you are in the place where you are waiting, yearning, and desiring change begin at the beginning. First and foremost, we were created to Worship the King. Second, humbly surrendar your will for His. And third, listen very carfully so you may be obedient to the plan and purpose He has for you to accomplish!

No comments: