Monday, February 4, 2013

Seeing

Boy I am convicted. I can be so judgmental and critical; just have a hard time seeing through other's eyes. This is how Holy Spirit convicted me.

As most of you know I am lagging behind in the health department these days and Dick has the burden / responsibility--including cleaning, cooking and laundry. A sign of getting well is that I begin to see lack in those areas. Or maybe I should say the abundance of sticky counters and spotted floors, cluttered counters, need I say more. I do want to say that Dick is doing a marvelous job. He is constantly caring for my medical, personal needs, and caring for our home. He just does not stop. He is cleaning and caring to the best of his abilities and that is great. Of course he does not see with my eyes and he does not accomplish tasks in the same manner I do.

Needless to say, I began to judge him and criticize his momentous efforts. Then Holy Spirit asked me what my prospective was. He told me to try seeing out of Dick's eyes. Better still, I should see through "My eyes". WOW; slam dunk. My heart sank and I repented. But I continue on this same path. The old man just does not want to change that is why I must wash my mind with the Word of the Lord. Then I realized I judge myself and criticize myself also. Sometimes I can be so sin minded. How about you?

Gee I am so bad, always making mistakes and hurting others. What a sinner I am. We are so fortunate that Jesus and our heavenly Father does not see us that way and neither should we. We should keep our eyes on the cross, on the blood of Jesus. Thinking how we are wonderfully made in His image and likeness pure and righteous are we in Christ Jesus.

So today we pray. "Lord allow me to forgive myself as I know you have forgiven me. Bring me to the place of peace where I can experience your presence, your loving power, and your pure righteousness. Allow me to see through your eyes Lord and through the eyes of the ones around me. Keep me from judging and criticizing others including myself." In Jesus name I pray. -- dianne

No comments: