Monday, April 8, 2013

Gird Your Loins

The other day I was speaking to our daughter about the armor of God and how important it is for us to apply and wear the armor. Today I will not talk about the armor but about a revelation I had as I was listening to a message.

John 13: 3-15 describes how the Lord took off his outer garments and girded himself with a towel then proceeded to wash the apostles' feet.

Notice he took off his outer garments-just as we take off self in preparation of becoming more like Jesus. I could not help but relate the armor of God with the towel. Jesus girded his loins with, the appropriate cloth for the task at hand... this reminds me to wash myself with the Word of God for strength, edification, encouragement, and to prepare for the tasks at hand. Just as Jesus made himself ready so must we.

Serving our purpose goes beyond any offence and goes beyond the offender. There is great value in serving. Serving uplifts and upholds the Kingdom of God and is destructive to the enemy and his territory of darkness. I just love to serve. That is I love to entertain and cook for others. I like to dress a nice looking table and serve different yet great meals. For me serving is something I can offer. whether it is in the food department, prayer department, or by just being a friend. I believe when people get together it is like opening up a treasure chest. They present themselves to me and I to them. What a treasured gift they become to me. It is a process to realize our purpose is to serve and share; to pray and wait expecting God to move. Being a blessing to another is a purpose God has placed within each of us. The way we carry that out is the special treasure He has given us.

You might even say when we share our lives it is like disclosing hidden manna to another. This only happens when we are inclusive and transparent. God can use us to sow seed and to establish the Kingdom of God within them. However, our preparation is essential. We must trust in the Lord with all our might and our mind. We must be rooted and grounded in the Word of God, building up our inner man. And be firmly embedded in the Kingdom of God meaning showing the fruits of righteous, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

We must not take the body of Christ for granted. Find a place to worship and a place where there are men and women who have the same ideals as you. When you are accomplishing these you will find your purpose and you will begin to walk. Steady as she goes, shouts the captain of a ship. I would say "Humble as you go. (Philippians 4:2).

Jesus always pulled himself from the crowds so He could pray to the Father and listen for the next instruction obtaining more power from the throne room. If it was good for Jesus, it is doubly good for us!. Sometimes it takes much prayer to look beyond our foolish pride and our circumstances. Humility is a source of strength. If we can humble ourselves in the Lord's presence; He will always lift us up. Titles are not important to the Lord. Listening and obeying are on top of His list. This takes practice and time on our part.

"Today is a new day. Help me Lord to stay close to you so I can become the servant You want me to be. May I become more humble in Your sight and be an instrument that shines Your light. The big issue is for me to be able to look beyond circumstances and see Your loving arms outstretched over your children. And Lord, don't allow my foolish pride to get in the way of your power source that can reach others. In Jesus name I pray."

No comments: