Monday, April 22, 2013

Looking for Roots of unforgiveness and resentment

Receiving His forgiveness is easy-it is forgiving myself that takes time. Fighting my nature to hold onto grudges plays a part in forgiveness. Lord, help me to experience people for who they are in You and to over look their character flaws and pray they do the same with me! Tall order don't you think? But it is possible.

Communion with Jesus is essential to spiritual growth and new character development. I say when you feel His tugging yield and do what the Spirit is leading and He will also provide the tools that will point you in the direction of your spiritual and physical wellness.

Some tools to use could be books on prayer, devotionals like "Jesus Calling" and journaling about your walk. Each of these may lead to breakthrough. Use a journal that uses scripture for meditation and renewal of your mind. These work for me.

Sitting under the anointing whether it is worship music or teaching from the platform. For me it is important that I surround myself with people to confide in. They are those who have my best interest at heart. They are able to speak into your life and pray through circumstances with you sometimes leading you into deeper waters of intimacy with our creator.

Romans 8:5-6 To be carnal leads to death but being spiritual minded leads to life and peace.

On the onset of taking chemo I remember people praying for me in a church in Kentucky. It was there I began a new walk. I cried out "I TRUST You Lord", I TRUST You. (Proverbs 3:5-6) That fellowship with believers was awesome for me; because when I could not pray for myself they stood in the gap with Jesus and prayed the Word over my life and filled my blind spots with love and support.

Embracing the fact that cancer is a reality in my life sharpened my awareness of many things. It showed me how God has set nature in place; how each individual has been created for an extraordinary purpose and how fallible I am without the Fathers loving arms embracing me. Cancer for me is a reality; but trusting in God's plan and purpose in my life is a greater reality. He had begun a work many years ago and He will finish it. Amen! In these times of weakness He is valiant to show forth His goodness. For me I am taking this time to become more intimate with my heavenly Father and more sensitive to His ways.

Years back there was a great move of God in Lakeland FL. I had the privilege of attending some of the meetings and to bring others to experience a new facet of God.

I am not a person who goes out looking for a buzz of God or to hear an ear tickling word. I am looking to deepen my awareness, my love and my intimacy with the Lord. I know I grow as I experience Him more in my life. Sometimes those experiences propel me into places I need to grow into. Sometimes it is confirmation of what the Lord has already shown me. And other times it is an ouch, I need to change.

We all know that new beginnings start with forgiveness. Sometimes after the forgiveness we all need to walk through the consequences. And forgiveness for God is a onetime forever thing but for us sometimes it is layers of letting go and letting God in to fill every area with love and acceptance.

Our past should never be boasted about with pride. Our past is simply our history that can help free others from their sin as well. Holy Spirit will help us walk in such humility that others will be freed from their past as well. The shame and blame is gone in the shed blood of Jesus. To embrace our past is just one way the Lord can use us. It is our past that helped mold who we are today. We are forgiven and set free to be used as a tool to free others! Are you ready to be used?

Father, today I pray you loosen those chains of unforgiveness and resentment we carry in our lives. Bring us to another place of freedom. A place where I am molded and shaped into your image, a place to be able to set the captives free. In Jesus Name

No comments: