Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Press on in FAITH

When I read the Word of God and the accountings of the Life of Jesus my insides leap with excitement. When I read the messages that Jesus and the Apostles gave us I cannot fathom anyone refusing the accounting of the birth death and resurrection of Jesus.

After the Lord healed me, I began to share my story with everyone and was shocked when people did not leap for joy for me and for what Jesus could do for them. It stopped me in my tracks. Why didn't people give their life to Christ knowing what He has done?

So I came to the conclusion that the world ignores the thread of life that is in the Bible and that many Christians ignore the promises it holds. Jesus is that thread.

Just believe and you will be healed. Believe and receive all that the Lord has for you. By your faith so be it unto you. One who has the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains.

With little faith I was born again, With that same measure of faith He healed me and with growing faith I believe God will produce more fruit in my life as I stretch my faith toward the mark He has for me! Yes and all of that is by His GRACE! For in and of myself I can do nothing, yet I chose to believe I can do all things through Christ Jesus.

From little acorns do mighty oaks grow! Just like our faith. God drops a seed into my spirit! As soon as I believe, I begin to walk out in that belief even though it is not a reality in my life yet. It is my understanding that if I have a dream far surpasses me then I know it is from God. It is is good, pure and fulfill God's plan then give Him the glory, I just need to begin the process to possess the dream. This dream gives us purpose and we need to extend the process from dreaming into possessing that reality.

It is one leap of faith at a time. One leap to another is how our faith grows. From one experience to the next is how I grow my faith. Taking account of that process and reciting those promises that have come to pass builds our faith so we can grow more faith. When that dream becomes a reality it no longer needs faith because now it is fact. Faith is walking toward something I have not achieved yet but know that it is so! So faith finds us in the process of walking toward that thing that we do not have access to as of yet. Then, all off a sudden, it is there manifest in our lives, in our bodies, or for another we are holding up in faith. Therefore, I go on to pursue my next experience in faith knowing God will provide.

One recent example about stretching my faith was sending a container to Liberia. That seed was dropped in my spirit. We began sharing and telling others about this mission. It was more than a dream. It was going to become a reality. We began asking and collecting articles and money for this purpose.

As we began collecting an opportunity with Firestone opened up and they agreed to ship the container at no charge for us. After we located a used container to purchase. We continued to collect things as we went. And we prayed for people to come forth and help us obtain this goal. Even though this was the process, it did not go as smoothly as it may seem. There were challenges and obstacles to overcome and barriers to be broken. Now that the container has in fact made it Liberia, we are still contending with challenges and obstacles. 

I thought our responsibilities were over when the container reached the Monrovian Port. Untrue! Now we find ourselves in another dilemma. More finances are needed to have the container released and the contents delivered to Pastor Boor's Zhan Clan Village. When we found this out, I felt blindsided and thought that maybe I had not heard correctly.  My faith wavered!

I believe God placed that seed within me, and I believe He will see us through to the end, to the contents arriving in the village. It just takes more stretching of MY faith. So once again I release faith into the atmosphere and in my being. It is yet another opportunity to grow and experience what God has not only myself but others as well.

We recently sent off another $1,000 believing that we will have the donations to cover it and praying favor over Nyah and Moses and Pastor Boore—praying that it will be sufficient and know that God will supply all our, their, and your needs. Praying that the last amount of money we sent will be sufficient for the release and delivery of the container to the village.

Maybe you have a mountain to overcome, a challenge to conquer. Today I pray we are victorious in Jesus and the He is sufficient and will meet all our needs—by sending people our way to supply what we lack and His grace to overcome our flesh.

So wherever there is hope believe and know He is working it all out. In Jesus name we pray. And remember "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." (Lamentations 3:22 NIV)

No comments: