Monday, October 19, 2009

PURSUE HIM

Pursue those things that ensure your eternal life. Ponder on those things from above; things honest, pure, just and lovely. Surely the things of this world will pass away but a life with Christ is eternal and will never pass away.

Those who know me know that I am not telling you to be responsible to those natural needs or the natural authority God has given us. Be true to your children, those who live under your protection and be true to self. Do render to "Cesar" what is his and keep the laws of the land that keep us safe and pure.

First and foremost, give God the Glory and Praise. I know quite well that I was born of the spirit having everything and yet I can do nothing without Christ Jesus who empowers me. With God and Through Him all things are possible.

There is a time and a place for us to sit at the feet of Jesus. There is no need to speak or weep—but to just exist in His presence. I long for those times when I can power myself down to be still and know Him and Him alone--my God. I remember when, in those first few years with Him, I believed that spending time with Him was a luxury--the riches of heaven. Today, I believe that not only is it a luxury but an essential part of my life for ensuring my existence and path for this life I live.

This is the time and place that provision is met. It is in these times when strategies to life circumstances are dropped in our spirits. Answers to unresolved dilemmas are found. Lord, my spirit says there is no mountain high enough and no valley low enough to keep me from You. Yet, why does this flesh of mine wrestle for obtaining solitude with you? The tentacles of life draw me into chaos and confusion and sometimes draw me into pleasant happenings. Yet I am still missing that quiet peace within that place with you.

A moment of prayer:

"Lord, I long to put my head on your shoulder. Make the world go away. Whisper in my ear; tell me things I need to hear. Let me know that you are there! I know You are waiting for my embrace, so I run to You knowing that the cares of this world will fade away and when we are done, you will have empowered me for the tasks ahead. I will continue to pursue You and those things that ensure my eternal life."

How about you?

No comments: