Thursday, October 22, 2009

Some Thoughts on Forgiveness

First of all forgiveness is about our relationship with the Father and not necessarily about our relationship with one another. When we forgive someone, our relationship with the Father becomes tighter. 

It really does not matter if the other person changes or if asks us for forgiveness from us. They may not even be aware they have offended us in some way. I know sometimes my flesh gets in the way and I want them to ask me for forgiveness. What matters is our transformation walk and keeping a Godly perspective. 

What if we find our self on the other side? What if we have said or done something that has offended someone else? Do we brush it off figuring it did not matter? After all, they know me and know I did not mean what I said. No. If we are conscience of our error that means the Holy Spirit has brought it to our attention. We need to approach that person and apologize to them. We need to ask them to forgive us.

These are some thoughts on my life and what has happened to me as I forgive. It grows my faith. It allows me to change. It also allows me to see people in a positive manner. I acquire a deeper peace and I can accept people more readily. I am sure it can do all of that for you, and more!

No comments: