Monday, May 30, 2011

Let's Play Cupid


Do you remember when the Cupid's arrow struck you? Or are you thinking that this is not of God? That was a religious test!

Cupid according to Wikipedia: In Roman mythology, Cupid (Latin cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire, affection and erotic love. He is the son of goddess Venus and god Mars.

OK, Cupid is not of God! But I know that where there is the counterfeit you will find the genuine. In my mind's eye when I imagine cupid, I see a little cherub shooting arrows of love to that perfect match made in heaven. Well, I have matured enough to know this is my way expressing love at first sight.

When the Lord healed me in 1991 I fell head over heels in love with Jesus; just because He loved me first. The arrow of His love pierced my heart forever. His arrow of love pierced my heart melting away, hurt, resentment, and anger. I began to see this world with His eyes and not my own. I fell in love with His people and with the world in which I live.

1 John 4:11-12
God so loved us that we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we love each other, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Today I realize that we all can be "cupid". We have the agape love of the Father that lives and breathes within us! As we fan that fire of love by getting to know the Lord and who He is within we can shoot our own arrows of love out into the world. It is a love that accepts others, a love that inspires, a love that begets more love! It is a love that sees the potential and not the flaws, a love that embraces, and a love that heals.

If you are not feeling like "cupid" this day, pick up the holy written Word and ask for insight and more of His love so that you will be that heat seeking arrow of love to others!

Pray with me, "Lord help us to receive Your Divine Love in such a way that it overflows from our hearts and exudes out of us to attract others like bees are attracted to flowers. Let us once again experience Your overwhelming love for us filling every need and supplying every gift we need to do Your will! In Jesus name we pray!"

No comments: